Marc A. Johannsen / Biography
Marc Johannsen concentrates his practice in the area of family law and leads the firm’s family practice group. He routinely handles divorce/dissolution of marriage and separation proceedings, business valuation issues, custody disputes, parenting time, establishment and enforcement of child support and spousal maintenance, alternative dispute resolution and mediation, domestic abuse hearings, antenuptial agreements, paternity actions, adoption, grandparent rights, post-trial motions and tax aspects of divorce. Marc practices family law in both Minnesota and Wisconsin.
Before joining Lommen Abdo, Mr. Johannsen served as a judicial clerk to the Honorable Doris Ohlsen Huspeni of the Minnesota Court of Appeals and the Honorable Dolores C. Orey of the Hennepin County District Court. Having worked in both the trial and appellate courts, he brings practical knowledge to the litigation process.
He is listed as a Minnesota Super Lawyer, was named as a Top 100 Lawyer by The National Advocates and is rated AV Preeminent® for the highest level of professional excellence by Martindale-Hubbell.
Marc Johannsen was the Mayor of Vadnais Heights from 2011 to 2016 and Acting Mayor from 1998 to 2011. Vadnais Heights was named one of the Top 100 Best Places to Live in America by Money Magazine. Marc is also an active leader in the Boy Scouts. He and his wife have twin teenagers.
Leadership + Activities
- Vadnais Heights Mayor 2011 to 2016; Acting Mayor, 1998 to 2011; City Council, 1994 to 2011
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- State of Wisconsin Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- “The Marriage is Ending. Now What? Who Gets What? What do I Need to Know?” August 2016
- “Ethical Considerations,” Civil Trial Case Presentation: From Start to Finish, National Business Institute, June 2012
- Carroll College, B.S., magna cum laude, 1986
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1989
- Minnesota, 1989
- Wisconsin, 1997
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1990
News + Articles
UPDATE: On June 26, 2013 the U.S. Supreme Court issued decisions in two cases impacting same-sex marriage. While these rulings do not decide a constitutional right to same-sex marriage, the implications are very broad. As a result of these decisions, once same-sex...
Marc Johannsen presented at the June 29, 2012 video webcast by the National Business Institute, "Civil Trial Case Presentation: From Start to Finish." Marc's presentation on Ethical Considerations covered the following topics: Rules of professional conduct you must...