Jamie Johnson presented on November 3, 2015 at an NBI webcast, “Personal Injury From Start to Finish for Paralegals.”
The stakes are high when handling a personal injury case. This paralegal-focused program will provide you with trial checklists, medical record advice and helpful tips on how you can use your talents to assist with depositions, voir dire and case file management. You’ll also learn how you can use informal discovery and public sources of information to help your firm’s case. Don’t miss this full-day personal injury boot camp designed specifically for paralegals – register today!
- Understand the importance of pre-trial preparation to properly collect documentation and maintain the personal injury file.
- Explore cutting edge investigative techniques for finding witnesses and records.
- Gain a better understanding of tactical issues such as statute of limitations, conflicts of interest and meritorious claims.
- Learn savvy ways to find what you need in the discovery process.
- Find out what your role will be at trial.
- Take home a checklist of items to take to trial.
Panels which Jamie presented:
Initial Considerations in Personal Injury Claims
- Setting the Tone – How to Conduct the Initial Interview
- Investigative Techniques
- Witness Tracking
- Elements of a Complete Witness Statement
- Dealing With Medical and Law Enforcement Agencies to Obtain Records and Reports That You Need
- Photographs of Injuries and Accident Scene
- Obtaining Authorizations
- Setting Up the Case File
- Tactical Issues
- Statute of Limitations
- Conflicts of Interest and Multiple Representation
- Meritorious Claims
Addressing Questions of Ethics
- Avoiding Situations That May Expose You to UPL
- Requirements for Attorney Supervision
- Evaluating Conflicts of Interest