Roger V. Stageberg / Retired
Former Areas of Practice: Business, Financing & Securities, Mergers & Acquisitions
Roger V. Stageberg / Biography
Roger Stageberg has retired his corporate practice which included representation of numerous business corporations, many of which are in the computer, electronics and medical products industries. His corporate practice included incorporating new businesses, working on corporate finance and private placements, mergers and acquisitions, and sales and dissolutions of corporate entities. His background in engineering, and over 40 years of experience working with computer, electronics and medical products companies, has given him a unique ability to be of practical assistance to the founders, officers and directors of technologically oriented businesses. He has been involved with their initial public offerings, their regulatory affairs with the Securities and Exchange Commission and merger and acquisition activities. While Mr. Stageberg concentrated his practice on mergers and acquisitions and corporate and securities work, he also continued to work closely with the business litigation attorneys in the law firm.
- Roger Stageberg’s experience with many company startups has been a great help to us in provide outstanding guidance and suggestions. We are so fortunate to have his expertise.
- Roger Stageberg has used his considerable experience to help us navigate an acquisition and deal with international channel matters.
- Steeped in the law, mathematics and common sense, Roger Stageberg of Lommen Abdo Law Firm has guided us through 44 years of participating in literally all types of business structures specific to the opportunity including controlled and noncontrolled foreign corporations. His inquiring mind and ability to understand esoteric reinsurance and other contractual issues have allowed us to prevail in a myriad of negotiations and the occasional complicated litigation.
He was the Chairman of the Hennepin County Bar Association’s Securities Law Section and a member of its Executive Committee for several years. Mr. Stageberg has been repeatedly been included in the Minnesota Super Lawyers list (he was listed as the top mergers and acquisitions Super Lawyer in 2000) and was among The Best Lawyers in America® for many years. He was also rated AV Preeminent® for the highest level of professional excellence by Martindale-Hubbell.
- University of Minnesota, B.M., with distinction, 1963
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1966, Order of the Coif
- Luther Seminary, M.A., 2006
News + Articles
SCOTUS Clarifies Requirements for Preserving Issues for Appeal
Properly preserving legal arguments at the trial court is crucial for setting a case up for a successful appeal. For years, courts across the country have been divided on whether a purely legal issue raised in a summary judgment motion must be reasserted post-trial in...
Minnesota Insurance Defense Basics: Essential Knowledge for Private Practice Lawyers
Insurance defense is a legal practice area that focuses on representing insurance companies and their policyholders in various civil litigation matters. In Minnesota, insurance defense plays a crucial role in resolving claims and protecting the interests of insurers...
Kelly Sofio Authors Chapter 24 on “No-Fault Claims Handling & Arbitration” for the Minnesota Motor Vehicle Accident Deskbook, 6th Edition
We are thrilled to announce that Lommen Abdo attorney Kelly Sofio has taken over authorship of Chapter 24 titled "No-Fault Claims Handling & Arbitration" for the 6th edition of the Minnesota Motor Vehicle Accident Deskbook. This comprehensive resource is a go-to...
Recent Case Highlights Importance of Timing as Consideration for Appeal
It’s no secret that appeals can take a long time. As I described in a previous post, that is one of the factors that should be considered in deciding whether to appeal. Recently, the Minnesota Supreme Court issued a decision that illustrates this point. Specifically,...
Get to Know Karlen Padayachee
At Lommen Abdo, we have a steadfast commitment to continuous growth and an unwavering dedication to serving our clients. We are pleased to welcome the most recent addition to our team, attorney Karlen Padayachee, whose practice is focused on business and corporate...
Surviving the Post-Pandemic Real Estate Market: Navigating Evictions and Moratoriums
The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly impacted the real estate industry, particularly when it comes to evictions and moratoriums. As the country slowly emerges from the pandemic, landlords face several challenges related to evictions and moratoriums. In this blog,...