Roger V. Stageberg / Biography
Roger Stageberg has retired his corporate practice which included representation of numerous business corporations, many of which are in the computer, electronics and medical products industries. His corporate practice included incorporating new businesses, working on corporate finance and private placements, mergers and acquisitions, and sales and dissolutions of corporate entities. His background in engineering, and over 40 years of experience working with computer, electronics and medical products companies, has given him a unique ability to be of practical assistance to the founders, officers and directors of technologically oriented businesses. He has been involved with their initial public offerings, their regulatory affairs with the Securities and Exchange Commission and merger and acquisition activities. While Mr. Stageberg concentrated his practice on mergers and acquisitions and corporate and securities work, he also continued to work closely with the business litigation attorneys in the law firm.
- Roger Stageberg’s experience with many company startups has been a great help to us in provide outstanding guidance and suggestions. We are so fortunate to have his expertise.
- Roger Stageberg has used his considerable experience to help us navigate an acquisition and deal with international channel matters.
- Steeped in the law, mathematics and common sense, Roger Stageberg of Lommen Abdo Law Firm has guided us through 44 years of participating in literally all types of business structures specific to the opportunity including controlled and noncontrolled foreign corporations. His inquiring mind and ability to understand esoteric reinsurance and other contractual issues have allowed us to prevail in a myriad of negotiations and the occasional complicated litigation.
He was the Chairman of the Hennepin County Bar Association’s Securities Law Section and a member of its Executive Committee for several years. Mr. Stageberg has been repeatedly been included in the Minnesota Super Lawyers list (he was listed as the top mergers and acquisitions Super Lawyer in 2000) and was among The Best Lawyers in America® for many years. He was also rated AV Preeminent® for the highest level of professional excellence by Martindale-Hubbell.
- University of Minnesota, B.M., with distinction, 1963
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1966, Order of the Coif
- Luther Seminary, M.A., 2006
News + Articles
Lommen Abdo Attorneys Co-Edit and Author Updated 5th Edition of Minnesota CLE’s Minnesota Insurance Law Deskbook
We are proud to announce that Lommen Abdo attorneys John Crawford and Lauren Nuffort have been hard at work co-editing and authoring chapters of the 2021 update of the 5th edition of the Minnesota Insurance Law Deskbook, published July 9, 2021. The 26 chapter Deskbook...
In today’s busy housing market, it seems more and more houses are selling for higher than list price and some buyers are even desperate enough to skip an inspection in the hopes of landing a home. While this may seem savvy in the bustling market of today, you don’t...
Wisconsin Cybersecurity Law: Act 73 – Changes in Cybersecurity Requirements Applicable to Insurance Providers
As information technology continues to rapidly advance, both businesses and individuals are becoming increasingly dependent on its offerings and advantages. Unfortunately, technological advances come hand-in-hand with the concerning reality of cybersecurity threats....
Lommen Abdo attorneys are recognized by their peers in the 2021 Minnesota Super Lawyer lists. Congratulations to Bob Abdo, Creig Andreasen, Keith Broady, John Crawford, Kay Nord Hunt, Marc Johannsen, Cameron Kelly, Reid Lindquist, Kathleen Loucks, Mike Moline, and...
Lommen Abdo is constantly working to expand its team of lawyers with the experience and tenacity to bring the best results to our clients. Attorney Wade Johnson recently joined us, bringing his knowledge of construction defect litigation, premises liability, product...
Our continued growth as a firm, and meeting the distinctive needs of our clients in Minnesota and Wisconsin, is a priority to Lommen Abdo. We are pleased to introduce attorney Jon Steckler, who recently joined the firm. Jon’s practice is focused on construction,...