Cameron R. Kelly
Areas of Practice: Estate Planning, Estate & Gift Tax, Fiduciary Income Tax, Business Succession Planning, Closely Held or Family Business, Business Transactions, Probate & Estate Administration, Real Estate Law
Office Location: Hudson, Wisconsin / Minneapolis, Minnesota
Direct: 715.381.7112 / Email: email@example.com
Cameron R. Kelly / Biography
Cameron Kelly enjoys providing personalized planning for individuals and businesses. His practice includes assisting clients with comprehensive estate planning, including wills, trusts, powers of attorney, health care directives, and living wills. He also has a special interest in the estate, gift, and income taxation of estates and trusts. In addition to estate planning, Cameron works with business owners from formation to business succession.
Cameron has been designated as a Minnesota Super Lawyer since 2019 and as a Rising Star by Minnesota Super Lawyers from 2013 to 2017. He received his LL.M. in Estate Planning from The John Marshall Law School in June of 2018.
Residing his entire life in Minnesota, Cameron now lives with his wife, daughter, and two sons in Stillwater, Minnesota. He is active in the Stillwater and Hudson communities, including providing legal services to cancer patients through Cancer Legal Care and, receiving their Volunteer Attorney of the Year award in 2015, and as a member of the Hudson Daybreak Rotary.
He is a past member of the City of Stillwater Planning Commission. He is a co-chair of the Vendor Committee for the 2019 Taste of Hudson, a joint fundraising event for the Hudson Sunrise and Noon Rotaries. He maintains a strong presence in the area, accepting appointments in Stillwater with clients throughout the St. Croix River Valley.
Leadership + Activities
- Hudson Sunrise Rotary
- St. Croix Economic Development Corporation, Secretary/Treasurer (2020 to present), Board (2019 to 2020)
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Probate & Trust Section Legislative Committee, Member; Section Counsel and Co-Chair 2022 to present; Electronic Wills sub-committee, Member
- Chair of Minnesota State Bar Association, Technology and Innovation Committee
- State of Wisconsin Bar Association
- Washington County Bar Association
- “Electronic Wills Update,” National Business Institute, June 2022
- “Estate Planning: Back to the Basics, Lake Elmo Bank Trust & Estate Services,” October 2021
- “Estate Planning for Peace of Mind,” Friday Memorial Library, March 2020
- “Financial, Legal & Insurance Planning for Caregivers,” Caring for Dementia: A Six-Week Education Series for Caregivers, November 2019
- “The Importance of Business Succession Planning,” Hegarty Consulting Group, October 2019
- “Types of Real Estate Ownership,” Minnesota CLE, September 2019
- “Estate Planning for Peace of Mind,” Hutchinson Technology, Inc., a TDK Company, May 2019
- “Trusts 101,” National Business Institute, December 2019
- “Trusts 101,” National Business Institute, June 2018
- “Probate and Estate Planning Fundamentals,” Hudson Daybreak Rotary, March 2018
- “Basic Tax Planning” and “Trusts 101,” Estate Planning From A to Z national webinar, National Business Institute, February 2018
- “Tax Reduction with Trusts,” “Main Trust Principles” and “Simple Testamentary Trusts/Revocable Living Trusts,” Trusts from A to Z, National Business Institute, June 2017
- “Basic Tax Planning” and “Trusts 101,” Estate Planning from A to Z national webinar, National Business Institute, May 2017
- “Where to Begin, an Overview of Trusts and Revocable Living Trusts,” Trusts 101, National Business Institute, November 2016
- “IRA Trust Taxation and IRA Trusts at Administration,” National Business Institute, October 2016
- “How to Capture your Family Stories and Preserve your Family Legacy,” “Sharing Experiences Collecting and Writing Family History,” Voices in the Valley, May 2016
- “Basic Tax Planning,” Estate Planning from A to Z, National Business Institute webinar, May 2016
- “Is a Revocable Trust Right for You?” Hudson Neighbors magazine, March 2021
- “Estate Planning From Home: What You Should Know,” Hudson Neighbors magazine, May 2020
- Gustavus Adolphus College, B.A., 2000
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2003
- The John Marshall Law School, LL.M., Estate Planning, 2018
- Minnesota, 2003
- Wisconsin, 2018
News + Articles
Many people have never heard of a probate until a parent, or another loved one, passes away. After the death, you may experience difficulty accessing their accounts or transferring an asset such as their home. Probate is the process of getting authority to access...
Many clients come to the estate planning process having heard about revocable trusts, and have questions about whether a trust is right for them. This article explains how a trust helps to avoid probate, and may help you decide if a trust is right for you. Probate...
A frequent concern for estate planning clients is how to avoid owing estate taxes at their death. Because the estate tax has become a political issue, some of these clients are also concerned about how the election results might impact the estate tax. The following is...
Over the past several weeks I have had many people contact me regarding their estate planning. Some are existing clients anxious to wrap up the process. Some are new clients asking how they can prepare their estate plan. The stress and anxiety caused by the...
Cameron Kelly spoke at the Friday Memorial Library in New Richmond, Wisconsin, on March 5, 2020 at 6 pm. Cameron presented "Estate Planning for Peace of Mind," which included a discussion of estate planning documents for both death and disability. He also discussed...
Cameron Kelly spoke at Caring for Dementia: A Six-Week Education Series for Caregivers at The Lodge at the Lakes in Stillwater and offered by The Lakes at Stillwater and Bluestone Physician Services. Cameron presented for one hour on Tuesday, November 12, 2019 on...