Joshua M. Feneis
Areas of Practice: Divorce, Family Law, Custody and Placement Disputes, Post-Dissolution Proceedings, Commercial Litigation, Real Estate Litigation, Business Law and Litigation, and Contract Litigation
Office Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota / Hudson, Wisconsin
Direct: 612.336.9353 / Email: email@example.com
Joshua M. Feneis / Biography
Josh understands that going through the Court process is undoubtedly the most stressful time in a client’s life. As an experienced litigator licensed to practice in Minnesota, Wisconsin and North Dakota, he works zealously to advocate for his clients and gain an understanding of each case so that he can exert his greatest efforts on his clients’ behalf. Clients appreciate that Josh logically and concisely explains the options available so that they know what to expect. When client choices are made, he works tirelessly to protect their interests and bring about the best results possible.
He has represented a wide array of clients in diverse cases such as high asset divorces, large real estate disputes, fair business practice disputes and commercial contract disputes. Josh focuses primarily in the areas of divorce, custody, business litigation for both small businesses and large corporations, real estate litigation and contract litigation, but handles many other types of litigation.
Josh has been recognized as a Rising Star by Minnesota Super Lawyers since 2021 and as a 2018 Rising Star by Great Plains Super Lawyers. He is an active volunteer with the Volunteer Lawyers Network and held several clinics for them in 2020.
Prior to joining Lommen Abdo, Josh practiced in Fargo, North Dakota and clerked for the Honorable Jay D. Carlson in Minnesota’s Seventh Judicial District.
Outside of his practice, Josh is a long-time season ticket holder of the University of Minnesota’s football and basketball teams. He enjoys the fact that he is now able to walk from his office to watch Twins games in the spring and summer. Josh also enjoys spending time with his family, swimming, and attempting to learn golf from his wife, who he says is much more talented than he is.
Leadership + Activities
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- State Bar Association of North Dakota
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- St. Louis Park Sunrise Rotary Club
- Kid Zone St. Louis Park, Board
- Active volunteer with the Volunteer Lawyers Network since 2018
- “Is a Prenuptial Agreement Right for You?” Hudson Neighbors magazine, March 2022
- “YOUR DIVORCE: Beware the Unintended Consequences of COVID-19 Deadline Changes,” Hudson Neighbors magazine, May 2021
- “Beware the Unintended Consequences of COVID-19 Legislation,” The View, newsletter of Minnesota Lawyers Mutual Insurance Company, November 2020
- “Preparing for and Surviving a Business Divorce,” Upsize Minnesota Magazine, May/June 2019
- University of Minnesota, B.A., cum laude, 2006
- University of Minnesota School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2009
- Minnesota, 2009
- North Dakota, 2015
- Wisconsin, 2020
- U.S. District Court, District of North Dakota, 2014
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota, 2018
News + Articles
Lommen Abdo brings in Josh Feneis to assist clients in high stakes family law and business litigation
Josh Feneis understands that going through the court process is a stressful time in a client's life and that an experienced litigator can ease that stress in two ways: 1) by providing clear information and recommendations about the options available and 2) by working...