Keith J. Broady
Areas of Practice: Business Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Employment & Consulting Agreements, Estate Planning, Legal Malpractice, Mergers & Acquisitions, Probate & Trust Disputes, Professional Liability, Real Estate & Title Litigation, Real Estate Law
Office Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Direct: 612.336.9346 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keith J. Broady / Biography
Keith Broady represents individuals and businesses in a wide variety of litigation and transactional matters. His commercial litigation practice includes trials and appeals and arbitrations involving real estate and construction defects, professional liability and legal malpractice defense, shareholder disputes, trade secret claims, corporate alter ego and successor liability, fraudulent transfers, probate and trust disputes, environmental claims, insurance coverage and claims. His commercial transactions practice involves the purchase, sale, leasing, financing and development of real estate, resolving title and environmental issues; mergers and acquisitions of businesses; incorporation and business formation; contracts; employment and non-competition agreements; lending and business credit.
Keith has repeatedly been named to the Minnesota Super Lawyers list, is rated AV Preeminent® for the highest level of professional excellence by Martindale-Hubbell and is recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© for his work in the practice areas of Real Estate Law and Professional Malpractice Law-Defendants.
Leadership + Activities
- Minnesota State Bar Association (including Hennepin County Bar Association)
Community + Pro Bono Work
- St. Louis Park School Board, 1998 to 2005 (Elected, 1997 and 2001; Vice Chair, 2002 to 2003; Chair, 2004 to 2005)
- Mentor to high school students as part of Operation Jump Start
- St. Louis Park Sunrise Rotary Club
- Board Member of Discover St. Louis Park
I highly recommend Lommen Abdo Law Firm and Keith Broady. The firm and Mr. Broady are very knowledgeable and meticulous. I would recommend him to my clients but also to my family.
- “Construction Litigation: Lessons From the Trenches Part II,” Minnesota Construction Association, June 2018
- “Asset Purchases: Techniques and Best Practices to Avoid Successor Liability,” The Knowledge Group, 2016
- “Arbitration Clauses in Employment and Other Business Contracts? If so, When?” November 2013
- “Closing the Estate” and “Estate and Ethics in Probate Practice,” Probate Practice: The Essential Basics, National Business Institute, 2008
- “Environmental Issues in Real Estate Transactions,” Real Estate Law: Advanced Issues and Answers, National Business Institute, 2007
- “Being Thorough to Close the Estate Without a Hitch” and “Common Issues to be Prepared for in Litigation and Probate,” National Business Institute, 2007
- “When Attorneys Are Sued by Non-Clients: The Immunity and Privilege Rule,” Professional Liability Defense Quarterly, September 2019
- University of Minnesota, B.A., with distinction, 1976
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., 1980
- Minnesota, 1980
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals Eighth Circuit, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals Seventh Circuit, 1997
News + Articles
We are thrilled to announce the outstanding Lommen Abdo attorneys who have earned the prestigious recognition of being named in the 2024 Edition of Best Lawyers. These accomplished legal professionals have demonstrated unwavering dedication, exceptional skills, and a...
At Lommen Abdo, we are thrilled to announce and celebrate the exceptional legal talent in Minnesota as we recognize our 2023 Minnesota Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. These esteemed attorneys have demonstrated outstanding skills, legal acumen, and an unwavering...
Lommen Abdo is proud to have increased the number of its lawyers included in the latest edition of The Best Lawyers in America© – especially in the midst of a pandemic. One additional Lommen Abdo attorney has been included in the 2021 edition of Best Lawyers: One to...
Typically, lawsuits against attorneys are brought by clients alleging legal malpractice. An essential element of a legal malpractice claim is the existence of an attorney-client relationship. The general rule is that a lawyer is liable only to his or her client and...
In Soto v. Shealey and Swift Transportation (August 2, 2018) Federal District Court Judge Tunheim allowed claims for negligent selection, negligent supervision, and negligent entrustment to go to trial regardless of whether or not the owner operator of a truck under...
Keith Broady, Lauren Nuffort and Mike Moline participated in a seminar on June 13, 2018 which was presented by the Minnesota Construction Association, "Construction Litigation: Lessons from the Trenches Part II." Keith Broady, Lauren Nuffort and Karl Yeager of Meagher...