Last week Congress passed the new COVID-19 paid leave law. The law creates two new types of leave:
- Public Health Emergency Leave (“Emergency FMLA”) and
- Emergency Paid Sick Leave (“Emergency PSL”)
On March 25, 2020, the Department of Labor released its first guidance report with respect to the new law. Below is a brief summary of the DOL’s guidance report.
Read the full article which covers these topics:
- Effective dates
- Who is covered?
- What are the eligible payment amounts?
- Calculating regular rate
- Can an employee stay home under FMLA leave to avoid getting pandemic influenza?
- Qualifying reasons for leave
- Duration of leave
- Calculation of pay
- Small employer potential exemption