Keith Broady spoke on June 25, 2007 at Estate Administration Procedures: Why Each Step is Important, presented by the National Business Institute. Keith’s topics were “Being Thorough to Close the Estate Without a Hitch” and “Common Issues to be Prepared for in Litigation and Probate.”
- Being Thorough to Close the Estate Without a Hitch
- Alternative Methods: Knowing Your Options
- Timing of Distributions: How Long do Beneficiaries Have to Wait Until They Get Their Money?
- Steps Involved in Transferring Jointly-Held Assets
- Transferring Other Probate and Non-Probate Assets
- Considerations for Handling Distributions to Minors and Trusts
- Ensuring Thorough Accounting and Settlement of the Estate
- Compensation and Discharge of the Personal Representative
- Common Issues to be Prepared for in Litigation and Probate
- Title and Discovery of Assets
- Contested Claims and Contingent Liabilities
- Marital Agreement Concerns
- Contested Wills and Alternatives: Is it Valid to Disagree?