Wade T. Johnson
Areas of Practice: Construction Litigation; Premises Liability; Insurance; Products Liability; Catastrophic Injury; Automobile Liability; Litigation & Appeals; Transportation Litigation & Appeals; Auto, Truck & Boat Accidents; Wrongful Death
Office location: Minneapolis, Minnesota / Hudson, Wisconsin
Direct: 612.336.9344 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wade T. Johnson / Biography
Wade Johnson has litigation experience defending claims in the areas of motor vehicle accidents, construction defect litigation, premises liability, products liability, and catastrophic injuries. His litigation experience includes defending motor carriers and commercial truck drivers in cases involving personal injuries, wrongful death, and cargo liability. Additionally, over the course of his career he has supervised post-accident investigations of fatal and catastrophic injury, which include scene preservation, witness interviews, coordination with investigating authorities, evidence retention and accident reconstruction efforts.
Wade is licensed to practice law in Minnesota, Wisconsin and the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota. Wade is a member of the Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association Motor Vehicle Accident Committee and the Wisconsin Defense Council in addition to the Minnesota State Bar Association, the State Bar of Wisconsin and Federal Bar Association, Minnesota Chapter. He is listed as a 2023 Super Lawyer for his work in civil litigation defense.
Wade received his Bachelor of Arts from the University of St. Thomas in Saint Paul, Minnesota, in 2004. He then attended the University of South Dakota School of Law, obtaining his Juris Doctorate in 2007, also serving as an editor on the Great Plains Natural Resources Journal.
During his career he has presented to attorneys and insurance professionals on topics including spoliation of evidence, vehicle liability and insurance coverage issues. He also frequently presents on issues affecting the construction trades, including mechanics liens, indemnification obligations and contracting issues.
Wade and his wife live in Saint Paul, Minnesota, with their four children. In his free time, Wade enjoys spending time outdoors with his family and dog, Darryl, playing baseball, and paddling the Boundary Waters.
Leadership + Activities
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association, Motor Vehicle Accident Committee
- Twin Cities Claims Association
- Northwest Loss Association
- Wisconsin Defense Council
- Minnesota State Bar Association (including Hennepin County Bar Association)
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Federal Bar Association, Minnesota Chapter
- “Property Appraisals: What’s New Since Poehler v. Cincinnati Insurance Company?” Hot Topics in Insurance Law, Minnesota CLE, April 2023
- “North Dakota Law for the Trucking Industry Defense Association” (publication pending)
- “South Dakota Law for the Trucking Industry Defense Association” (publication pending)
- “Rapid Response Strategies for Catastrophic Accidents: Collecting and Preserving Evidence and Avoiding Spoliation Claims”
- “Chapter 10: Fire and Property Insurance,” Update to Fifth Edition of the Minnesota Insurance Law Deskbook, Minnesota CLE, April 2023
- University of St. Thomas, B.A., 2004
- University of South Dakota School of Law, J.D., 2007
- Minnesota, 2007
- Wisconsin, 2007
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 2023
News + Articles
At Lommen Abdo, we are thrilled to announce and celebrate the exceptional legal talent in Minnesota as we recognize our 2023 Minnesota Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. These esteemed attorneys have demonstrated outstanding skills, legal acumen, and an unwavering...
Lommen Abdo Attorneys Co-Edit and Author the 2023 Update to the 5th Edition of Minnesota CLE’s Minnesota Insurance Law Deskbook
We are pleased to announce that Lommen Abdo lawyers John Crawford and Lauren Nuffort have been diligently co-editing and contributing to the 2023 update of the 5th edition of the Minnesota Insurance Law Deskbook, which was published on April 19, 2023. The Deskbook,...
A Warning to Insurance Companies The Minnesota Court of Appeals issued an opinion on June 6, 2022 which could have ramifications for other insurance providers. After the decision in Wesser v. State Farm Fire and Casualty, despite language in their policy, State Farm...
We are happy to announce that Wade Johnson has been elected a shareholder at Lommen Abdo. An Experience in School Leads to Law Career While Wade Johnson perhaps didn’t always dream of becoming a lawyer, he certainly has a knack for understanding the ins and outs of...
Lommen Abdo is constantly working to expand its team of lawyers with the experience and tenacity to bring the best results to our clients. Attorney Wade Johnson recently joined us, bringing his knowledge of construction defect litigation, premises liability, product...